The seller is paying us to sell their property for the highest price, in the shortest amount of time with the least disruption to their lives. That’s the bottom line. So why is it that some listing agents do such a poor job representing their client? I’m sure you come across one or two in your career. So if there is any doubt as to what should be done when you have a listing, the 12 Must Do’s below are for you.
12 Listing Agent Must Do’s
- Take the time to input the property into the Multiple Listing Service properly and completely
- Take meaningful and clear pictures – doorknobs are not typically meaningful
- Take the time to describe the property in the “Remarks” section of the MLS
- If you’re going to stage the property, really stage it or hire a professional
- Don’t misrepresent the property by using old pictures
- Don’t add comments like “Sell it before I do” or “Won’t last long”…these properties usually do last long
- Return phone calls – Agents aren’t trying to be your friend, they just want some additional information about your listing
- Don’t act annoyed when you answer the phone – again, the agent is trying to sell your listing
- Act like you’re happy to see visitors at the open house, stand up and greet them with a smile
- Don’t speak for the seller – sellers change their minds all the time
- Be upfront and honest
- Don’t ask for feedback then get defensive when you get feedback you don’t like
- Don’t get angry if you don’t like the offer or the way the transaction is going. Remember, real estate agents are only the middle men – we need to work together
The Seller Deserves Our BestWe all have a job to do during the real estate transaction and there’s no reason to make it any harder than it already is. The seller is paying you a great deal of money to get their house sold. We need to do everything within our power to get the property sold quickly, thoroughly and professionally. If you aren’t willing to do the items listed above or don’t have the time, please don’t take the listing and save us all a lot of grief. Let me know in the comments section what other items you would add to this list…I’m sure I missed a few.
Be prosperous!To learn what it takes to be a successful real estate agent or to get your real estate business back on track, check out Candy’s new book, “The Reality of Real Estate – The Essential Guide to Planning, Managing and Growing Your Real Estate Business.” Available on Amazon now! Candy, “The Real-Life Realtor”, coaches, mentors and trains new and experienced real estate agents to transform their business by mastering her proven systems for success. In 2016, Inman News named Candy Miles-Crocker as one of the Top 25 Real Estate coaches in the United States. She is a firm believer in managing expectations. Her goal is to elevate the perception of real estate agents among the general public through education so every client has an amazing real estate experience. Candy’s unique training methods have shown agents what it takes to be successful! Learn more about her training program at www.RLRETraining.com or send her an email at Candy@RLRETraining.com. If you haven’t done so already, please connect with us on Twitter on Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Enjoy less stress by having smoother transactions by implementing these simple strategies today!Sign up today for my Free Email Course, 5 Things Every New Real Estate Agent Needs to Know. Start building your real estate business on a solid foundation. Click here to get started.
Get Real-Life Training and Awesome Results With Real-Life Real Estate Training
- Have you struggled turning contacts into clients?
- Are you working hard, but hardly making any money?
- Are you beginning to think you made a bad career choice?
Let’s Go to Work!
As an active Realtor licensed in three jurisdictions, I approach real estate training from a different perspective. With over 18 years in the real estate business, I teach agents what it’s really like to be a real estate agent.