After training new agents for close to five years I can usually pick out those who will be a success and those who will fall by the wayside.To learn what it takes to be a successful real estate agent or to get your real estate business back on track, check out Candy’s new book, “The Reality of Real Estate – The Essential Guide to Planning, Managing and Growing Your Real Estate Business.” Available on Amazon now! Candy, “The Real-Life Realtor”, coaches, mentors and trains new and experienced real estate agents to transform their business by mastering her proven systems for success. In 2016, Inman News named Candy Miles-Crocker as one of the Top 25 Real Estate coaches in the United States. She is a firm believer in managing expectations. Her goal is to elevate the perception of real estate agents among the general public through education so every client has an amazing real estate experience. Candy’s unique training methods have shown agents what it takes to be successful! Learn more about her training program at www.RLRETraining.com or send her an email at Candy@RLRETraining.com. If you haven’t done so already, please connect with us on Twitter on Facebook, and LinkedIn.
A Successful Real Estate AgentToday I want to focus on the attributes of those real estate agents who show from the outset that they are determined to be successful. Here are my top 3 attributes:
- The new real estate agents who are used to success will be successful. Why? Because success is all they know. Whether they worked in business, education, or in the home…it really doesn’t matter. If they were successful in their former profession, they typically will carry that attitude into their new real estate career.
- They show up! The successful real estate agent is in the office for floor duty. Potential clients usually won’t call you at home to buy or sell a house. You must be present to win. Successful new agents show up for their broker’s sales meetings and training opportunities. Successful people are always looking for new ways to conduct business and are open to learning new things.
- They are not “secret agents”! Each and every day we all have opportunities to let people know we are a Realtor. Some people act as though they are embarrassed or ashamed to say that they are a real estate agent. The reason they give is something I’ve heard over and over again…”I don’t want to look like I’m begging for business”. The successful agent knows that they must reach people every day who might want to buy or sell real estate. They are not willing to miss an opportunity and will let people know they are a Realtor every chance they get…when appropriate.
I Must Be SuccessfulThese are just three things I have personally seen in new real estate agents that indicate to me that they are on a mission to be successful. Do you have what it takes to be successful or are you one of the secret agents? Be prosperous!
Enjoy less stress by having smoother transactions by implementing these simple strategies today!Sign up today for my Free Email Course, 5 Things Every New Real Estate Agent Needs to Know. Start building your real estate business on a solid foundation. Click here to get started.
Get Real-Life Training and Awesome Results With Real-Life Real Estate Training
- Have you struggled turning contacts into clients?
- Are you working hard, but hardly making any money?
- Are you beginning to think you made a bad career choice?
Let’s Go to Work!
As an active Realtor licensed in three jurisdictions, I approach real estate training from a different perspective. With over 18 years in the real estate business, I teach agents what it’s really like to be a real estate agent.